Powered By Blogger
From craving is born grief, from craving is born fear. For one freed from craving, there's no grief - so how fear? ~Buddha

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

You want me to swallow what???


One thing Dr. Amen is famous for is prescribing natural supplements instead of traditional medications. He has a supplement for every ailment known to man, and some he recommends for everyone. After taking the quiz on his website (www.amenclinics.com), I decided to add a few pills to my current regimen. I bought a multivitamin from the Health Food Store, more fish oil, 5-HTP, GABA, and antioxidants. They all keep the brain healthy and happy. The only thing unhappy about them is their size.... it's like trying to swallow my thumb. Still, I'd much rather swallow 25 pills a day than eat a vegetable. Instead of Veggies, I drink Odwalla's SuperFood Smoothie. Dr. Amen also has Neuro-Vite available on his website that delivers the equivalent of 2-4 servings of vegetables directly to your body without the unpleasant taste and texture of actual vegetables. That's next on my list of supplements to buy.

No comments:

Post a Comment