Powered By Blogger
From craving is born grief, from craving is born fear. For one freed from craving, there's no grief - so how fear? ~Buddha

Sunday, June 6, 2010

City Market on the Green


In staying true to my new belief in natural, organic, brain food, I set my alarm for a bright and early 11:00 a.m. and went to City Market on the Green Saturday morning. My purpose was to buy non-pesticide produce and other environmentally friendly products. While vegetables are not my cup of tea, I did taste a delicious cup of Hibiscus Tea!!! Holy Moly... it's an incredible glass of deliciousness… full of organic acids that helps reduce high blood pressure, cholesterol, and is helpful for Type 2 diabetes. The best part is it only costs $1!!!
I remember being told as a child that taste buds change every 7 years.... unfortunately, this is something that has never happened to me. Ever since my brother threw my rutabagas in the trash for me when I was 6, I swore off all veggies. While at the City Market, I swallowed a green piece of bitter horrendousness, but I can’t remember what it was. I was told it was healthy, but it took all my willpower to not to make an awful face, utter obscenities, and spit it on the lady who forced me to eat it. Thank goodness because my mother told me it was bad manners to do that.
Despite my lofty goals, I was much more thrilled by the other vendors---- beer can mobiles, trumpet trees, hand-carved boxes, and jewelry. I spent $50 and none of it was for organic produce! Baby steps…..

No comments:

Post a Comment